Full Name of Artiste: Travis GREENE (full names Travis Montorius Kwaku Greene)
Date of Birth: January 17, 1984
Nationality: USA (Warner Robins in Georgia, lives in Charlotte & Columbia North East Carolina)
Occupation: Music Minster; Pastor, Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist
Marital Status: Married
Travis Greene is a raw talent whose expressive music touches different genres of music. He grew up in a Christian home with his mother who was a minister and a choir director at that time. He is a multifaceted gospel music artiste who expressed himself through music as a youngster, following the passing on of his father. Music was the best healing therapy for him to mourn his late father. He had his share of life’s threatening challenges with his own life as a young Christian when he was pronounced dead after a fall from the fourth (4) floor of a building in Germany. This is not the first time he was pronounced dead, as he was a stillborn baby, he is indeed a child of destiny.
The Gospel has played a vital role in his life and inspired him to pioneer a congregation with his wife, Dr. Jackie Greene as co-pastors at the Forward City Church, Columbia South Carolina in 2016. He engages every culture with his inspirational transforming talent by touching lives all around the world. The Forward City Church is a home for the lost, which he describes as “a church for the unchurched and over-churched.” While pastoring and growing the church through his humanitarian activities and mission to millions all over the world, Travis Greene embarked on world tour, which has taken him to minister in different cities and countries including Ghana, London, Montreal & Toronto Canada, Dubai, the Americas; Jamaica; the Caribbean Islands; Trinida & Tobago, and Nigeria. “I’ve been called to minister in many different ways,” Greene says, “but I see my gospel-centered activities not as finding a balance but as more of a rhythm, fully aware of what God has called me to do.”
Travis Montorius Greene masterful blend of music and ministry provoked his mentor, Kirk Franklin to anoint him as one of the artistes who are the “future of gospel music.” On his divine journey to minister to the lost and lead them in the path of righteousness, he debuted No. 1 on the Billboard Top Gospel Album chart with his album “Crossover”, and his lead single titled “You Waited” hit No.1 on the Hot Gospel Songs chart.
The brilliant pop culture gospel music minister has won several awards to his name and art. Namely:
- In 20017 he won the Stellar Gospel Music Awards in seven key categories:
- Song of the Year (“Made A Way,” which also hit #1 on the Hot Gospel Songs chart)
- Male Vocalist of the Year
- CD of the Year (The Hill, which also reached #1 on the Top Gospel Albums chart)
- Contemporary Male Vocalist of the Year
- Contemporary CD of the Year
- Recorded Music Packaging of the Year
- Praise and Worship CD of the Year
- In addition to that, he has been successfully nominated for the following awards:
- 13 Stellar Awards
- 3 Dove Awards
- 2 Billboard Music Awards(where he was named the “Gospel Airplay Artist of the Year in 2016”)
- A Soul Train Award
Travis Greene has engaged in several gospel album projects and live albums featuring most of his hit tracks and records:
- Travis launched his recording career with the release of his first album in 2007 titled “The More.” Most of his tracks and hits are live records, because he prefers the energy that comes from sharing his music with exciting audience. This is where he expresses his passion, excitement and charisma for eager audience who are hungry for the gospel through music.
- A studio album with the record “Stretching Out” that was released on June 8, 2010 by Pendulum Records
- He released an extended play, “Intentional”, on August 21, 2015, with RCA Inspiration, where this placed at No. 3 on the Billboard magazine Top Gospel Albums chart. His song, “Intentional”, peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard magazine Top Gospel Songs chart.
- He topped the Billboard gospel chart for the first time with his third (3) album in 2015 titled “The Hill”
- In 2016, the single “Made A Way” stayed at number one (1) on the Hot Gospel Songs chart for 13 consecutive weeks
- He has recorded thirteen (13) tracks in 2017 at Skyville Live in Nashville, Tennessee, Crossover: Live from Music City follows in the live recording tradition of The Hill, which also featured all original materials, which include two (2) studio tracks, “Love Will Always Win,” he co-wrote and co-produced with Jason Ingram and Mayberry. In addition, his hit track, “Finally Found,” which co-produced with Bernie Herms.
- The release of Stretching Out was Greene’s introduction to the Billboard magazine Top Gospel Albums chart, where it placed at No. 27. Songs, “Still Here” and “Prove My Love”, both charted on the Billboard magazine Top Gospel Songs chart, at peaks of Nos. 17 and 29, respectively
- Travis Greene has been named; a rising star in the gospel genre and his rise has been reported in Billboard Magazine, Rolling Out Magazine’, Jet magazine, with performances at the Essence Music Festival, Trumpet Awards and BMI Trailblazers. In 2016, JET Magazine called Greene “The Future of Gospel”.
- Another live recording, Set list, Vol. 1, arrived in mid-2019 and reached the gospel Top 20. Still with RCA Inspiration, Travis Greene followed it with his fourth studio album, Broken Record, before the end of 2019.
All these album titles were inspired by the Bible reflecting the story and experience of the Ancient Israelites.
“At the end of the day,” he adds, “I simply want music to be my vehicle to inspire people and make them feel right about choosing God. I want to use these opportunities to encourage people, and maybe in the process help redefine the way Christianity looks in our contemporary culture and reveal God in a different way. I am excited to raise up the next wave of worshipers and those called to share the love of God through music. I want to be part of helping carry the torch into the future.”