Full Name of Artiste: Timothy Chukwudi Godfrey
Date of Birth:
Nationality: Nigerian (He is based in Lagos)
Occupation: Music Minster; Singer, Songwriter, Producer
He is known as the gospel artiste of today, because his energy on stage is electrifying. He puts so much effort into his tracks to give his audience the best music. It is been said that he has the best musical arrangement ever, when it comes to group ministrations. Every artiste has a special talent in the general music production. Moreover, this is no difference with Tim Godfrey when it comes to remixing and doing Covers of other people’s songs. He specializes in bringing old songs back to life; this he achieves with the help of talented young singers called ‘The Xtreme’ crew. They help in bringing in Tim’s flavour to any music and creating something new and special.
Tim Godfrey is a multi-talented Nigerian gospel artiste who grew up in Kakuri, Kaduna, the northern part of Nigeria, where he obtained his primary and secondary school education. He was raised in a family of six (6) children as the second born. He was a choirboy who developed interest for music at a very young age. This inspired him to learn how to play musical instruments like the drum and piano.
Tim Godfrey became one of the sought after producers and choir directors in Nigeria, because he is good at what he does. He is knowledgeable in different aspects of music production like voice training, song writing, stage performance and song arrangement. These were the gifts that launched him into fame, and be began his career in February 2004.
In 2008, he released his 16-track debut record titled ‘Sound Check,’ which featured one of his hit tracks ‘AGIDIGBA.’ This fetched him several accolades and recognitions.
His albums include:
- Sound Check
- Double worship – Iworship
- Audience of One
His Other tracks include:
- Na You Be God
- So Good
- Ahaa (This he did with a touch of African rhythm) etc.
Tim Godfrey has produced so many stars (gospel artistes) today, and he still has quite a number of protégées under his tutelage. In this regard, he is a recording artiste, choir director, music arrangement specialist, music director and the Chairman/CEO of ROX Nations (his entertainment record label). In the present day, he has created a brand for himself with his exceptional style of music and has won the hearts of many Nigerian gospel music lovers and beyond.
As a music director and a globally recognized gospel artiste, he has won several awards and had major collaborations with other well-known gospel artistes.
Some of his Awards include:
- The Trumpet Africa Gospel Music Awards as The Best Contemporary Gospel Song for his single ‘Amen’
- New York Gospel Award s- NEA Awards
He has also won several awards of excellence for his outstanding contributions to the music industry in Nigeria.
Some of his collaborations with other artistes include:
- Banky W – on the song “Gbemisoke”
- Skales on his hit track “Amen”
- Tye Tribbet – Where they worked together to train and mentor other music artistes and upcoming gospel singers on a music workshop project hosted by the Commonwealth of Zion – COZA, in Abuja-Nigeria
- Travis Greene – Where they worked together to create something new out of an old Nigerian song titled ‘Nara Ekele’ by Voice of The Cross; they worked on it to create something entirely beautiful titled “NARA”
- He also collaborated with award winning gospel artiste Israel Houghton to create something different with a unique arrangement titled “Toya,” which means ‘Praise Him.’
- His annual music concert “Fearless” where he hosted other internationally recognized gospel artistes like Marvin Sapp, Travis Greene etc.
- Tim Godfrey has ventured into movie acting in Nigeria, where he participated in an off Broadway Musicals “EWURO” at the Lagos Muson Center. This emotional piece captures the struggles of women in Nigeria regarding gender equality, focusing on addressing the perception about women and violence against them. He achieved this alongside other Nigerian performing artistes like Nedu, Yaw and Waje
Although his achievements are many, Tim Godfrey has devoted most of his time to his musical group “Xtreme”. He has had numerous groundbreaking performances with the “Xtreme” crew at different events all around the world; including the Africa’s most prominent Christian concert – The Experience. In Ghana, Nigeria, USA and other countries and cities of the world.
There is no Tim Godfrey without the ‘Xtreme’ crew, and he is the brain behind the wonderful group of talented group of singers and dancers.
Tim Godfrey and the ‘Xtreme’ crew are here to stay to touch lives and make the world a place of singing Hallelujah to the Lord.