Full Name of Artiste: Frank Ugochukwu Edwards
Date of Birth: Enugu, Nigeria (Southeastern Part of Nigeria)
Nationality: July 22, 1990
Occupation: Music Minster; Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Producer
Marital Status: Single
Gospel music in Nigeria is a thing of joy and celebration; this is because Nigeria is predominantly Christians and gospel music lovers. Other religions as it were, dance and sing to Frank Edwards’s music. He is one of the best songwriters and music producers Nigeria has ever had. In addition, he is one of the best leading gospel artistes in Nigeria.
Frank Edwards was born into the family of Elder Edwards with other five (5) siblings. He started singing at a very tender age, like 7 – 10. At about the same age range, he learned how to play the piano from his beloved father, Elder Edwards. This little training inspired him to pursue music as a career. Going into music was not enough, as he needed more to establish himself on the global stage. During his teenage years, he became a Born-Again Christian and began his Christian journey as a member of the renowned LoveWorld Inc. popularly known as Christ Embassy Church. This is where he encountered Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, who saw his God-given talent and gave him the platform to minister to a global audience for the first time.
Growing up was not rosy as he engaged himself to do some menial jobs and sold(hawk) things on the streets of Egugu and Lagos states in Nigeria, just to make a living. He is undeniably the definition of Miracles, because his life is a life of – from one level of miracle to another. In this regard, Frank Edwards is an epitome of grace and the blessings of God. Today, he has risen to fame in the Nigeria gospel music industry and beyond.
As a pianist, Frank Edwards has ministered alongside Pastor Chris Oyakhilome as his personal keyboardist, and other great Men of God in different nations of the world. Pastor Chris is one of his mentors and the coach who saw the talent in him and brought him to limelight. Interestingly, he was one of the pianists who ministered alongside with the gospel music legend Sinach, but today, others are ministering alongside with him and he is raising them exactly the same way he was raised in the house of God.
Frank’s songs brought a completely new feel in the Nigeria gospel music industry as it has a flair of different genres; like Rock, Fuji, Folk, Christian hip-urban, and pop. Today, all his tracks are recorded, mixed and produced from his own record label, ‘The ROCKTOWN’ Records, where he has the opportunity to help by signing upcoming music ministers to his label, including Gil Joe, King BAS, Divine, Nkay, Soltune, David and others.
His songs captivate the attention of many Nigerians and the international audience. It was his uniqueness and humility that brought him in contact with the world’s renowned worship leader, Don Moen to create something special that the world has never seen before. Don Moen sang and ministered in one of Nigeria’s native known languages, “The Igbo” language.
In 2018, Frank Edwards released his debut album titled, “The Definition.” This album brought him out of the shores of the LoveWorld ministry that people knew him outside the walls of Christ Embassy Church. The success of the album was so eminent that people crowned him a new name as “Rich Boy.” These are a list of some of his known records:
- Definition – 2018
- Angels on the run – 2010
- Unlimited & Tagjam – 2011
- Unlimited Vol. 2 – 2018
- Frankincense (featuring other artistes like Nigerian Nathaniel Bassey & Micah Stampley from USA), this record topped the iTunes album chart in 2016
- Birthday – 2016
- Born in July 2017
- I’m Supernatural – 2017
This list is incomplete without his hit tracks like:
- Beautiful – 2010
- You Too Dey Bless Me feat. TB1 Gbenga Salu – 2010
- Oya – 2010
- Oghene Doh – 2011
- This Love – 2011
- Okaka – 2014
- Hallelujah – 2014
- Onye – 2015
- Grace feat. Don Moen – 2016
- Here to Sing feat. Chee – 2017
- If Not For You – 2019
Frank Edwards is a brilliant music producer and one of the best keyboardists in Nigeria. His talent and numerous gifts have won him several awards and recognitions. Here is the list:
- The Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2009, 2014 & 2016
- The Rock Artist Awards by the Nigeria Gospel Awards in 2010
- The Best Gospel Artiste West Africa – 2012
- The Best Rock Artistes – 2012
- The West African Best Male Vocalist at the African Gospel Awards – 2012
- Africa’s Best Male Gospel Artiste in the Africa Gospel Music Awards (AGMA) – 2013
- He won the City People Music Award for Gospel Artist of the Year for two years on a row – 2015 and 2016.
- The Male Artist of the Year
- The Song of the Year
- The Best Male Vocalist at the Nigeria Gospel Music Awards – 2012 – This was a mile stone for him as he was rewarded with a cash prize of the sum of Ten (10) Thousand US Dollars – $10,000
- Gospel Artiste of the Year during the sixth annual edition of the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – NEA
He just addressed himself as a living epistle written by the Almighty God. This is because of fans calling him a living legend, but he prefers to answer a Living Epistle written by the Almighty God.
Frank Edwards in a star!